What a year!
What a year!
Yes, yes…I know. I’m a little late to the “Year in Review” thing, but before checking in on what we’re up to now, I didn’t want to dismiss what a crazy, awesome year 2013 was for our family. Sure, there were things that were challenges or struggles, but overall, as we have looked back through 2013, we are overwhelmed by the ways our family has been blessed. 2013 did not look how any of us thought it would, but what an incredible year it was! Some highlights for our family this year, in no particular order:
- Starting our family’s homeschooling journey.
- NDEW participating in the enrichment classes offered by our local homeschool association, meeting some new friends, and finding new interests in music, art, and karate.
- Our family traveling to Orlando for an amazing conference for my job, a trip which included getting to spend time with some friends and family we don’t see often, getting to serve together, and getting to participate in some incredible worship experiences (Can you picture over 2500 people, representing over 100 nations, worshiping together in one room in 5 different languages? It was AWESOME!)
- NDEW receiving 100s of postcards from friends and family (and some strangers!) from all over the US and learning some great US geography along the way.
- My sister and brother-in-law’s wedding! Yay Mr. and Mrs. Johel!!! (AKA T-Tye and Tim!)
- The incredible kindness and love shown to us by friends and family as I recovered from pretty extensive sinus surgery (and how much better I feel after said sinus surgery!)
- Meeting Dr. Ronald Franklin, finally getting some long-sought answers for NDEW, and learning about his prosopagnosia.
- Hubby and I having the opportunity to serve at two One Day with God camps through Forgiven Ministries at Avery Mitchell Correctional and Northeast Correctional and being able to serve Christmas dinner with folks from multiple local congregations at Avery Mitchell.
- NDEW becoming involved with Beanstalk Community Theatre, being a part of his first production, The One and Only Santa Claus, and finding a new passion for acting.
- Hubby’s surprise 40th birthday party and the opportunity it gave us to spend time with some of our very best friends and our family.
- NDEW getting baptized!
- NDEW’s 11th birthday fishing-themed party, during which the girls out-fished the boys.
As you think back through your 2013 I hope you feel all the blessings in your life, even those blessings hidden in the struggles. Our family wishes you the most wonderful New Year you can imagine, and then even more! We worship and serve a Heavenly Father that’s all about “even more”!
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21 (NIV)
Happy New Year!!
(PS Check out my next post with an update on some of our newest technology favorites! Oh, and enjoy some pictures from our 2013!)